Guy Prevost

Well Known Member
Here's a photo from LOE6:
102828327-L.jpg

Here's a link to the rest. http://speed3guy.smugmug.com/gallery/2010437

Enjoy!

Guy

Thanks a bunch, I love them.

anybody with a canopy cover on; on a clear day at LOE deserves a butt kickin', take care of it doug. :)

Great pics. The last two brought back some memories. I used to be a wrench on a SkyCrane a long time ago.

Mark, it was pretty odd...even though it looked like clear blue above, rain was still comin' down! From where, nobody knows. :cool:

FWIW, here are the lineups from the formation flights...

10-ship RV Formation Flight:
A1 Falcon (Stu McCurdy)
A2 Scrappy (Seth Hancock)
A3 Tiger (Sam Butler)
A4 Jarhead (Roy Geer)

B1 Pfantom (Lowell Lemay)
B2 Matt (Dave Mattison)
B3 Dagger (Brad Sharp)

C1 Sharpie (Dan Checkoway)
C2 Rosie (Paul Rosales)
C3 Rooster (Rusty Williams)

Falcon Flight 6-ship Maneuvering Routine:
1 Falcon
2 Sharpie
3 Pfantom
4 Jarhead
5 Rosie
6 Tiger

This was my 2nd LOE (last time I went it was at LRU). For me it was an honor to meet a bunch of folks I had previously only "met" online (like DeltaRomeo & Ironflight!), and to state the obvious...it was a blast to take part in the formations!

Looking forward to next year.

Last edited:
It was great to meet everybody there! I agree with Ironflight in another post. It was nice to finally put some faces with names. By the way--if you see lots of detail photos of your plane in this group, it probably means I'm planning on stealing some of your ideas. I took a bunch more photos, but they were so detail oriented I decided not to upload them to the site.

Cheers,
Guy

Who?

dan said:
FWIW, here are the lineups from the formation flights...

10-ship RV Formation Flight:
A1 Falcon
A2 Scrappy
A3 Tiger
A4 Jarhead

B1 Pfantom
B2 Matt
B3 Dagger

C1 Sharpie
C2 Rosie
C3 Rooster

Falcon Flight 6-ship Maneuvering Routine:
1 Falcon
2 Sharpie
3 Pfantom
4 Jarhead
5 Rosie
6 Tiger

Am I the only one that doesn't know who these people are? :( I can appreciate everyone wanting a cool name but maybe you could put their real names in parenthesis. Sorry, just my opinion.
Karl

Well, I've been around here long enough to know who Falcon, Rosie and Sharpie are (Those sharpie marks must have done some psycological scaring :D ). But, true - it would be nice to see names associated with call signs.

I'd be lying if I told you I remember all of their names. But their call signs -- that's a different story! I went back and edited the original post with as many names as I'm sure of. Moderators please feel free to edit it to fill in the blanks!

Names of the formation pilots at LOE6

The 10-ship
A1 Falcon- Stu McCurdy, Round Rock
A2 Scrappy- Seth Hancock, Georgetown
A3 Tiger- Sam Butler, Pecan PLantation
A4 Jarhead- Roy Geer, Hicks Field

B1 Pfantom- Lowell LeMay, Round Rock
B2 Matt- Dave Mattison, Albuquerque
B3 Dagger- Brad Sharp, Casa Grande

C1 Sharpie- Dan Checkoway, SoCal
C2 Rosie- Paul Rosales, SoCal
C3 Rooster- Rusty Williams, Grand Prairie