RNB

Well Known Member
Patron
1. I tried lubricating my pilot door lock yesterday, key still does not want to function well. Copilot door does not have a lock at all??? What is a reasonable approach to remedy this? My guess is to replace all of the locks and add a lock to copilot side? I had to disassemble the lock to get things working at all.

2. Tail beacon light, if I upgrade, is there an easy plug and play LED replacement?

3. Position and landing lights: I have radio static when they are on. You can see in photo that one is likely the reason why. Is there an easy plug/play replacement? I did not build this plane and doing my own work will be new to me. Otherwise might wait until in a shop and have them due to inboard cutting for the newer style landing lights.

Attachments

• IMG_6316.jpeg
    IMG_6316.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6314.jpeg
    IMG_6314.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6313.jpeg
    IMG_6313.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6312.jpeg
    IMG_6312.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6311.jpeg
    IMG_6311.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6307.jpeg
    IMG_6307.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6306.jpeg
    IMG_6306.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
1. I tried lubricating my pilot door lock yesterday, key still does not want to function well. Copilot door does not have a lock at all??? What is a reasonable approach to remedy this? My guess is to replace all of the locks and add a lock to copilot side? I had to disassemble the lock to get things working at all.

2. Tail beacon light, if I upgrade, is there an easy plug and play LED replacement?

3. Position and landing lights: I have radio static when they are on. You can see in photo that one is likely the reason why. Is there an easy plug/play replacement? I did not build this plane and doing my own work will be new to me. Otherwise might wait until in a shop and have them due to inboard cutting for the newer style landing lights.
Aircraft type/model?

- you could try some penetrating oil to free up the cylinder. If not the local hardware store or Amaz....should have locks you could use.
- Can't see the bulb but you may find an automotive one with the correct bayonet mount and just replace the bulb. Since your fairing looks like it is removable you could replace it with the FlyLed's tail light which should be an easy replacement.
- they look like hardware store and homemade lights which can be prone to interference. Again, FlyLed's has some nice wingtip or leading edge lights that wouldn't put out any interference. Flyboy Accessories sells the lights in the US.

- they look like hardware store and homemade lights which can be prone to interference. Again, FlyLed's has some nice wingtip or leading edge lights that wouldn't put out any interference. Flyboy Accessories sells the lights in the US.

The Flyboy FlyLED stuff looks like it would require additional wiring for the wigwag stuff.