BigJohn

Well Known Member
Only joined this organization a few days ago and already impressed with the knowledge and willingness to share it! I'm an active CFI and own a nice older Piper Arrow based in Johnstown, NY (NY0). I'm older too, and thinking about life after medicals. Seriously considering starting an RV-12 project. I've never even sat in an RV though! Any advice on how to locate: 1)An RV owner wthin a reasonable distance who would be willing to show me their steed and maybe let me beg a ride? and 2)An RV-12 builder who I could visit and see at least what a wing kit looks like and tap into their exeriences? I checked the Northeast forum but there doesn't seem to be any activity there.

Contact Van's

If you call Van's Aircraft, the can give you a list of builders in your state and/or zip code....real nice lists,real nice people:)

NE RV's

John,
Your are right, the NE wing has been pretty quite latley but we are still here! I have an RV-8 based at POU. We also have a 6, 8A and two 8's under construction here. Plenty of other RV's around too but I don't know of any 12's in the area yet. Give Vans a call, they can tell you about local builders.

I'd be happy to show you what we have here in POU if you are interested. I flew over Johnstown twice today, made a first flighton a 7A outside of Pittsburgh.

Scott A. Jordan
N733JJ

Hello John

I am not ready to give a ride yet:) mounting engine now but if you are traveling around Big Apple welcome to my shop. I am just across Hudson River in Northern Jersey only ten minutes drive from the City.
At this time the closest 12 builder is somewhere in Maryland, a friend of mine has the same goal to locate somebody couple weeks ago. To see what's in the kit before starting. And he could not find one in the vicinity.
Welcome! We (myself included) need more active CFIs here.

Only joined this organization a few days ago and already impressed with the knowledge and willingness to share it! I'm an active CFI and own a nice older Piper Arrow based in Johnstown, NY (NY0). I'm older too, and thinking about life after medicals. Seriously considering starting an RV-12 project. I've never even sat in an RV though! Any advice on how to locate: 1)An RV owner wthin a reasonable distance who would be willing to show me their steed and maybe let me beg a ride? and 2)An RV-12 builder who I could visit and see at least what a wing kit looks like and tap into their exeriences? I checked the Northeast forum but there doesn't seem to be any activity there.

Take the 30 minute hop over to Chapin Field (1B8) in Cambridge NY to see my RV6 nearing completion. I'm there most weekends in the big hangar.
Jim Sharkey

John,
I'm in New York as well, Brooklyn to be specific. Last weekend my father and I attended the EAA SportAir Workshop for RV Assembly. The workshop was hosted by EAA Chapter 106 based out of Lawrence Municipal Airport (LWM) north of Boston.

Chapter 106 is a huge and very active chapter with a lot of building activity going on. They host an annual RV fly-in each summer. This year they're hoping to have Vans East Coast rep there.

Penny Bowman, the Chapter President mentioned he's started an RV-12 project and they expect it to be one of the first ones flying on out here.

If you can wait until the summer, that may be a good chance to see a customer built-- well, sort of customer built-- RV-12 in the wild. Keep an eye on their website for the final date: http://www.eaa106.org/

- Brendan