ArVeeNiner

Well Known Member
I was in a bind this week. I've been closing up the top forward fuselage skin on my slider and I realized that I needed some CS 1900 so that I could goop up the firewall flange before riveting. I was stopped until I found some so a local supplier was ideal. I pretty much came up empty handed locally until I hit upon www.aviall.com. These guys came through and I saved a bundle on hazmat shipping.

For comparison, I called Sealpak and they wanted $26 for a half pint, plus a $25 UPS hazmat fee, plus shipping. This would also take 4-5 days. I got a full pint at Aviall for $33.96 plus tax. Now a full pint is way too much but that is what they had in stock at their local outlet here in San Jose. It sounded like I could order a smaller size. I'm not exactly sure about a hazmat fee for an order to your local store but I needed it now so I could continue my task.

These guys have outlets literally all over the world. So if you live near a large city, check out Aviall. Here's a list of their North American offices: http://www.aviall.com/aviall/frontdoor/locations/northamerica/customerservice.seam?cid=246154

Their customer service was excellent. The lady that I ordered from was very nice and gave me a good price. In fact, when I walked in there to pick up my order today she walked over to me and introduced herself! What a great place to do business with. I'm amazed that they have such great service dispite being so large. They carry a lot of aviation parts there so I'm going to make sure to check with these guys the next time I need anything aviation related.

me too.

If you are in central Ohio, Lane Aviation at Port Columbus stocks this stuff - plus a whole lot of other stuff.