WingsOnWheels

Well Known Member
I thought it would be a good idea to pool the knowledge base and start a list of suppliers in North Texas that sell items of use to the RV builder such as tools, sheet metal, hardware, ect. If you know of a local supplier, please list what they provide (the more information the better) and any contact information you have for the business.

I'll start:

CDC Tool (A.K.A. CDC Products)
940 E Belt Line Rd Ste 172
Richardson, TX 75081
972-918-9886

This is a surplus tool store that has quite a selection of drill bits, abrasives, drilling and riveting tools, electrical tools, some sheet metal, rob and bar stock (aluminum, steel, stainless, titanium) Teflon and nylon block, lathe and machining tooling, lots of dimple dies for cheap, countersink cages (new and used), bucking bars, and other surplus items of interest.

Cash or Check only!!

While not really in the retail business I own a Precision Machining and Sheet Metal Fab company that manufactures aerospace parts.

As such we usually have 2024 and 6061 sheet metal on hand. Since we buy full 12' sheets for jobs we have drop off pieces left over that are more in a size range useful to the RV fabricator. Also usually have rivets, nut plates, etc so if you get in a bind and can't wait for aircraft spruce we may be able to help out.

I also have an Alodine line that, while not NADCAP certified, can alodine parts if you need that.

I'm building an RV-10 in the shop once I get a few projects out of the way and am usually around on weekends.

Richard Bibb
Tomet Manufacturing
972-771-2598
rbibb AT tomet.net

Avery Tools shouldn’t be any news to the RV folk in the D/FW area, but just in case one has been living under a rock, or is new to the area, they are pretty much a one stop source for just about everything and have excellent feedback from their customers: http://www.averytools.com/ Located just west of Forth Worth off of 287 at Hicks Airfield.

Wing of Wheels, I'll have to check CDC sometime soon. Currently getting my building all cleared out for an RV-4 fastback project that I'll order in December. Will get started in April. I had to buy a 40' storage container just to make room in my main building to where I could actually walk in it again. :D

Last edited: