Dav8or

I'm New Here
22541744-1.jpg

Six and a half acres in a gated community on the runway, 2400 sqft, 3 bedroom 3.5 baths, full basement with room for 5 cars, detached 3 car garage with plumbing stub out, new paint and carpet inside, tile floors, hot tub.

2500' runway with PCL 6NC8

$399,900

22541744-3.jpg

22541744-4.jpg

Just curious.

An airpark by me uses the driveway that everyone uses to split their driveways off of next to the grass runway for the winter time/ wet conditions runway. Making for an all seasons/ conditions airport. Could this be done that way? It is hard to tell if the pavement next to the grass is long enough. Or does that area of the country just not get snow?

Mark

Last edited:
Just curious.

An airpark by me uses the driveway that everyone uses to split their driveways off of next to the grass runway for the winter time/ wet conditions runway. Making for an all seasons/ conditions airport. Could this be done that way? It is hard to tell if the pavement next to the grass is long enough. Or does that area of the country just not get snow?

Mark

I live really near this airpark and have always wanted to live there, but it's probably not going to happen. It is very nice...

I can't speak specifically for what their procedure is during bad weather, but we don't really get much snow here compared to what you are probably used to. I think we've had one measureable snow this year, 4-6", and a few dustings.

Last edited:
What's wrong with me....

I look at these pictures, begin to imagine actually living there, then think of my bank account and begin to tear up.....

I have what many people would consider a good life but, this is what I consider the good life.

Someday....someday.....someday...............

I live really near this airpark and have always wanted to live there, but it's probably not going to happen. It is very nice...

I can't speak specifically for what their procedure is during bad weather, but we don't really get much snow here compared to what you are probably used to. I think we've had one measureable snow this year, 4-6", and a few dustings.

We taxi on the roads and the pavement goes to the edge of the runway. The runway is Bermuda grass over a well draining base, close to a fairway on the golf course. Not only does it drain well but gives the best landing characteristics of any turf runway I have landed on.

Marchmont

I lived there for ten years (I built the house on the left of the runway threshold in the picture), and can tell you the strip is one of the smoothest turf strips in the region, and seldom too wet to fly. It is a great airpark,and very private. The house in this post is is a nice one, and needs an RV owner in it!

Bill E.
RV-4/N76WE
8A7,Advance NC
Used to be at 6NC8(Marchmont)

Live with your airplane in SC

And a little farther south of there in South Carolina is our airpark. Whiteplains Airpark, SC99 located 20 miles west of Columbia, SC. We have a couple of houses on the market, lots, as well as stand alone hangar sites. And a lot less snow the NC.

Here is our blog site. http://whiteplainscommunity.blogspot.com/

3000 feet of nice asphalt, runway lights, VASI,
http://www.airnav.com/airport/SC99

Also mark May 8th on your calender as we are hosting the South Carolina Breakfast Club at Whiteplains.