miyu1975

Well Known Member
I ordered my wings last Friday for my 7 (now impatiently awaiting delivery) and was wondering if there is anything special I need to add or do to the fuel tanks as I plan on doing aerobatics eventually...thx

Are you planning on doing serious Acro, with sustained inverted flight and/or negative G? In that case, flop tubes - and, of course, inverted fuel and oil systems FWF.

If you are doing to look "gentleman's Acro" (loops, rolls, positive-G stuff), you can just build it all straight.

It's good to really know what you plan to do, because you can spend considerable time, money, and effort adding capability you might never use.

Paul

I plan on doing very basic acro in my -8, but don't plan on hanging from the harness. I'm doing standard fuel pickups in both tanks and no inverted oil. If I hang a little too long, maybe there will be a small stumble, but that will be part of the fun, energy management.

I plan on doing very basic acro in my -8, but don't plan on hanging from the harness. I'm doing standard fuel pickups in both tanks and no inverted oil. If I hang a little too long, maybe there will be a small stumble, but that will be part of the fun, energy management.

And the big fun is cleaning the oil off the belly.