frankh

Well Known Member
Hi guys,

I see Vans sells the lightweight 6/7 cover for $185.

Is this a good deal?..Can we do better elsewhere?

I don't need the thick cover but I need one for tying down at the end of the journey.

Thanks

Frank

I have that cover. It works very well. Seems to keep water out of my tipup in rain and the sun out, too. I've had mine since 2004 and use it anytime I have to tie down outside when at Oshkosh or on trips. I haven't had any issues with it marring the finish.

Roberta

A "good deal" is a relative thing. To me $185 is not exactly chump change but I bought Van's lightweight canopy cover. Since it is the only canopy cover I've ever owned or used, I cannot compare it to other designs. It got a serious workout last year when it endured thunderstorms and straight line winds while parked at Green Bay during Airventure. It performed just fine and stows into a small lightweight pouch. Bottom line: I'm pleased.

I had one of those but not for long since I sold my -9A. I am now building a -4 and was wondering if I would buy one again.

My concern was this. I always wondered if the material it is made of would (micro) scratch the canopy over time? Has anyone used one a lot and seen any tendancy to do this?

Thanks.

Same comments as those above apply to me. For the scratches that pop up (due mostly to having some dirt on the canopy and then placing the cover over it) I polish the canopy as part of the annual, so it's no biggie.

Light and easily crammed into a small space in the baggage.

b,d

I suppose I ought to get one

I was using the gren tarp but somehow it doesn't look right on a freshly painted RV...:)

Thanks for your thoughts!

Frank