PaulR

Well Known Member
I'm going to upgrade my old Lightspeed headset for a new Zulu 2 and see that they offer coiled cords. I was wondering if any one had any experience with the coiled cord.

I have a 9A tipper with the headset jacks (dual GA) in the brace which goes from the roll bar back the the baggage bulkhead. Like it there fine and was thinking that the coiled cord may work better and stay out of the shoulder belts better than the straight cord.

Thanks

I had a Zulu 1 with the coiled cord terminating in a LEMO connector (panel powered). The jack was located roughly behind my left elbow on the seatback bulkhead in my Midget Mustang.

I didn't like it.

It seemed like I could always feel the weight of the coiled cord in spite of my attempts to tuck it up near my shoulder harness. It also seemed that the coils started just at the right point coming out of the earcup to constantly get hung up on my harness.

I sold the Zulu because I didn't like the coiled cord--and I knew I wouldn't be flying for a year and it was a depreciating asset.

For what it's worth...

i don't like how coils always get tangled with straight sections. It's a rubics cube getting it untangled...