prkaye

Well Known Member
My hole in my Man Press restrictor fitting is drilled too big and thus my MP reading fluctuates in the decimal place (fluctuation of between 0.1 and 0.3 inches depending on power setting).
It's been explained to me that the Lightspeed uses MP to advance timing at low power settings. I do plan to make a new restrictor fitting, but in the mean time is there any harm in flying it this way? I assume the Lightspeed would filter out small fluctuations in MP like that, but is there any chance my engine timing will be screwed up because if the fluctuations?

Nevermind, i got the answer from Klaus at Lightspeed... MAN does he ever reply fast (5 minutes!!). The answer:
"Not to worry, the timing of the Plasma CDI is electronically stabilized."

One less issue to worry about! In fact, flgiht testing is going quite well... temps comign down... no significant issues right now. Although, my trim indicator light wasn't working when I started-up. I noted it and visually checked my trim. By the time I was ready for takeoff, however, it magically lit up and stayed working for the flight. Loose connection maybe?