Skybond

I'm New Here
I just finished installing my new Lightspeed Plasma III and I discovered that is not compatible with my P1000 Tach made by Horizon Instruments, does anyone had this problem so far, and is there any way to fix this issue.
Eddy

plasma III

From what I've read the plasma III put out a 10 volt spike for the tach..the P1000 requires a spike anywhere from 100 to 1000 volts...my guess is that is not enough voltage for the P1000 witch was designed for magnetos. What I would like to know if is any way to make them compatible
Eddy

Did you guys talk to Klaus at LS? He may have a solution.

Yes, and he said it should work if my wiring is correct. The other possibility is the Plasma III module that I have may not be configured correctly for this tach, and I would have to send it back to him to check.

Walter

Pull up resistor?

I had a question about connecting my Plasma II to an EI MVP-50. EI tech support sent me a diagram that showed a 4.7K pull up resistor connected to the output from the Plasma III (pin 6) and a comment that the pull up resistor is not usually needed on the Plasma II.

Don't know if this will help

Pull-up resistor?

I had a question about connecting my Plasma II to an EI MVP-50. EI tech support sent me a diagram that showed a 4.7K pull up resistor connected to the output from the Plasma III (pin 6) and a comment that the pull up resistor is not usually needed on the Plasma II.

Don't know if this will help

That's interesting. There can be a difference in voltage and duration between the II and III and version A and B of the III. So if I can find that resistor, might be worth a try. Is the resistor simply inline on the signal wire?

Thanks for the tip.

Walter