13brv3

Well Known Member
Greetings,

Has anyone tried the Mach 1 headsets? I've currently got a 30-3G headset, which I like, but it eats up a lot of headroom that I don't have to spare under the canopy. If the Mach 1 is good, I might give it a try.

Thanks,
Rusty

I tryed then about a month ago. There ok but not worth the money. Very poor noise reduction and not very good for music. "tinney"
Very light weight, good vocal sound. Still I sent it back

Lightspeed Mach 1 headsets

I bought a set about 2 months ago and at the start I didn't like them at all. Made several calls to Lightspeed about them and they were very helpful with suggestions on how to use them. After a while I started to like them but still wasn't completely happy. Decided to get the custom ear plugs made for them and now I wouldn' fly with anything else. I have 3gs from lightspeed and with the custom plugs they are considerable more quite then my headsets were. I don't even know that I have them on after a few minutes. Have even started to get out with them on a couple times. Nice to wear a hat and be able to take it of when you want and no head squeeze either. Sound is crystal clear through them. If you have any futher questions E-mail me and I'll be glad to answer any questions.

Last edited:
Try Clarity Aloft

I went with the Clarity aloft headset. I did it for a couple of reasons. One because of the heat we fly in here in AZ, two, to avoid the clamping pressure of the conventional headsets and to have great sound. With the Clarity I had to turn down the radios and the music from the XM is excellent.

They are so light and comfortable I have gotten out of the plane with them on. Can't go back to a conventional headset!!

lightspeed

I tried a set of lightspeed headset while flying in a friends 206 then removed
them and put on my aloft technologys and proved that the aloft's were
much quieter, engine noise cut in half, lighter and can wear a big hat in our
RV4 when it is done.
Ted

RV4-installing Dynon D-180
then painting.

How do they work under G's

I've been looking at the in-ear headsets (ear-sets?) for a while but wonder if they stay on well during positive and negative G acro. Anybody with first hand experience?

No problem

chuck said:
I've been looking at the in-ear headsets (ear-sets?) for a while but wonder if they stay on well during positive and negative G acro. Anybody with first hand experience?

There is no mass to Clarity Aloft headset so they stay put. In AZ I have hit 3G turbulence that has loosened fillings :p but the headset stays in place. Also during "RV" type aerobatics, they are fine.

The only complaint I've heard from those trying the CA's is, not that they didn't work great, but they just didn't like something in the ears.

Thanks for the great comments. I haven't heard of the Clarity Aloft headset, so it sounds like I have some research to do, because it would sure be nice to avoid the standard type headset if possible.

Cheers,
Rusty

Going to OSH?

If you are going to Oshkosh you can go to the lightspeed booth and they will let you try anything you want to compare against the lightspeed products, complete with simulated sound of an engine. I have found this to be very effective.

Stewart

In Ear Headset

I bought my wife a set of Quiet Technologies in ear headset at the EAA flyin at Hondo, Tx. She has worn them 4 or 5 times and really likes them. On one of the flights she switched to the Bose ANR headset, and found the Quiet Tech in ear headset to be even quieter. However, the trick is to get the foam earpiece properly fitted in the ear canel. She has found that with a little practice she can get it to fit well.

Your mileage may vary.

Tom Lewis