algrajek

Well Known Member
Patron
Hi all:
I have the Lightspeed Plasma 2+ on my O-360. i have the Lightspeed on the top plugs and Mag on the bottom. After 350 trouble free hours, suddenly when doing a mag(ignition) check, the Lightspeed is not working at all! After looking at all the wiring and doing what Klaus advised, still no luck.
Has anyone had a similar problem. Iā€™m stumped.
Thanks
Nordo

Has anyone had a similar problem
yes, I've had... dual LSE II here. So one system wasn't working, the other one was šŸ˜Æ
Guess what, all resolved once I realized that the CB for that very system was out. Why? well, not going into detail here, but suffice to say that on the last flight I thought of disabling a device, but pulled the wrong CB šŸ™ˆ And forgot about it...
Once this one was pushed in all back to normal.
Now, 2.1Kh later, and counting, the LSE Plasma II has not missed a beat.

I've got dual Plasma II+'s with crank trigger from circa 2008 and a month ago one of the control modules failed. I swapped the two boxes to verify the problem. All of my coils and plug wires checked out fine. Called Klaus and he suggested sending him the modules to get overhauled/repaired, for around $600 for both. He said that there are newer, more robust components available today which were not available back in the Aughts, and to expect these overhauled modules to not fail in the future. We'll see!