dr cooper

Any suggestions on where and how to mount the LSE ignition module?
My thoughts are to mount it on the aft side of the firewall, to the right (passenger side) of the firewall recess.

Information and pictures would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Cliff
9A tip-up, firewall foreward, wiring, canopy, etc.
Chase, BC

I hang mine on F745-L Fwd Fuselage Rib. There is no heat or vibration issues. It may not be the best place for you. I installed my Lightspeed ignition after more than 420 hrs. With two batteries on the firewall, there is really no place on the firewall that can fit the module. I also have access panels on the front top skin, they made installation and service much easier. So far I only have about 5 hrs on the Lightspeed. I have to wait and see how well it works out.

IMG_2252.JPG

A few installation pictures.

Last edited:
DSC01359.jpg

This is during installation. I ran an angle under the ribs for the aft mount and used a firewall angle for the forward. I really like the location but the access is poor and it's difficult to tighten the screws on the connectors. One of my after-flying projects will be to convert to a tray for easier removal. Were I to do it again, I would stack them at the center rather than place them side-by-side, for better access to the connectors.