rscott5559A

Wondering what others are doing. I am wiring up my Lightspeed Plasma 2 Ign. The instructions state to run the power wire directly to the Battery posts to help avoid noise.
If I do this, I will have about a foot and a half of un-protected wire ( no fuse ) in the cabin area that could cause some problems if grounded somehow. There is a 5 AMP breaker called for but, this is near the switch. Are others using the battery buss with a fuse or breaker near the battery or a fuseable link in line with the power wire directly connected to the battery?
Thanks,

Robert RV9A

I ran my Plasma II off my always-hot battery bus (fuse, not a breaker) instead of following directions to a T.

If you do wire from the battery directly, you could put an inline fuse close to the battery connection so that if the wire does short to ground somewhere between the batt & your breaker/switch, the fuse would blow instead of wire frying.

My feeling was -- and I don't speak for everybody here -- the likelihood of the always-hot battery bus going "cold" is slim to none. Just my 2 cents.

I agree with Dan. I ran one system from the battery bus (with the appropriately sized fuse), and the other system directly from the backup battery. I did use an inline (automotive blade style) fuse right near the battery. The backup battery is charged through a diode and another inline fuse from the main battery.

Thanks for the replys guys. Spent I don't know how many hours going over this question, searching Bob's site and the archives. Just want to do it right the first time.

Thank's again

Robert :)

When I added the 2nd LSI

I went direct to battery for power. The #1 system in on the hot battery bus so just in case something happened there I have an alternate source.