N162RV

I have a set of the 20 G3's and the noise cancellation works fine but I have a hard time understanding all but the nearest/loudest transmissions. I sent them back to Lightspeed and they replaced the controls but it didn't seem to help. Are there any adjustments I can make or should I send them back again? :confused:

There are no user adjustments on the headset.

Are you sure it isn't something else? Have you plugged another set into the system?

:confused: CJ

Captain_John said:

Are you sure it isn't something else? Have you plugged another set into the system?

I'm thinking audio panel / antennas / radio, unless another headset works fine.

stereo

foggy now but i had a problem and called light speed and was told to switch from stereo to mono. fixed the problem. have had them for three years. then it took me a while to realize the radar interfered every sweep.

The combination of mono/stereo intercom and/or headsets will definitly cause a problem. Unless everything is stereo (including your old PCA headset), try switching it to mono and see how it works.

Switch Models

I had some type of interferrence using my 3G in an Alarus. I just could not get the volume needed to hear.

After three trips back to Lightspeed, they still had the problem, so I asked them to send me the 20XL model (one step down) and credit the difference.

They worked great, but I never did find out why the 3G's didn't work. I wonder if it was the mono/stereo settings?

Lightspeed's customer service is fantastic.

John

Last edited:
stereo/mono switch

I haven't been to the airport to check the stero/mono switch but my old headset was stero capable and if the switch was on stereo I would only get sound from one side as my intercom is not stereo. I will check it and post my findings.

Captain_John said:
Don't say so. At least 30G has microphone gain control just where microphone capsule is located (under the soft stuff). It's not mentioned anywhere but can be easily adjusted if needed -- our headset microphone was set very low level and micrphone gain had to be increased to make headsets usable.

If I recall correctly, also 20G has same kind of control for microphone gain. However I don't see, how this would solve original problem. :eek: