pa38112

Well Known Member
I have been thinking about taking advantage of the Lightspeed trade-in value of my G3's. Does anyone have experience with both? I don't really care about the bells and whistles. I'm most concerned with the ANR of the two and is the Zulu 2 noticeably better?

I have been thinking about taking advantage of the Lightspeed trade-in value of my G3's. Does anyone have experience with both? I don't really care about the bells and whistles. I'm most concerned with the ANR of the two and is the Zulu 2 noticeably better?

I upgraded from the G3 to the Zulu when it first came out. That was about 5-years ago. There is a HUGE improvement from the G3 to the Zulu.

If you waited this long to upgrade, may just as well wait a few more months and upgrade to the latest and greatest Zulu PFX. On the ground test at AirVenture 2013 Oshkosh, the Zulu PFX was another step up from the Zulu 1 or 2. I cannot tell much difference on the ground between the Zulu 1 or Zulu 2.

I did the upgrade

A few years ago --- was not unhappy with the G3, but seemed like a good deal. Very happy with the Zulus, and a little less bulky.

I upgraded from the G3 to the Zulu when it first came out. That was about 5-years ago. There is a HUGE improvement from the G3 to the Zulu.

If you waited this long to upgrade, may just as well wait a few more months and upgrade to the latest and greatest Zulu PFX. On the ground test at AirVenture 2013 Oshkosh, the Zulu PFX was another step up from the Zulu 1 or 2. I cannot tell much difference on the ground between the Zulu 1 or Zulu 2.

What he said. I also tried the PFX out at Oshkosh and was really impressed.

I can confirm, having used the Zulu and Zulu 2 for the last 4+ years, that the new PFX is such an outstanding product when calibrated that despite the hefty price tag we walked out of there with 4 of them.

Money where mouth is! :D

We tested back to back the Bose A20/Zulu2 and PFX.

You will not regret it :)

I can confirm, having used the Zulu and Zulu 2 for the last 4+ years, that the new PFX is such an outstanding product when calibrated that despite the hefty price tag we walked out of there with 4 of them.

Money where mouth is! :D

We tested back to back the Bose A20/Zulu2 and PFX.

You will not regret it :)

What is different about them? That is, how are they better? I have the Zulus and still like them a lot but I recently purchased an RV and have been thinking about gettting a second pair to keep for passengers. Thanks!

I wish I knew exactly how, but they seem to dynamically adjust to you and your hearing (allegedly) and they do not broadcast wide spectrum cancelling only against what is needed.

They have an auto tuning feature that when you turn them on the first time you perform that and then 30 seconds later?..silence.

You need to try them. And try them properly. But be warned, once you do you will be purchasing.

Be hard to sell the difference on a web page. Easy in real life.