rls14

Does anyone see any since in leaving the wing tip open to see if lights will be an option in the near future. Both nav an or landing.

The factory plane has them installed already. Van's is working out the details, specs, drawings, etc. now.

Does anyone see any since in leaving the wing tip open to see if lights will be an option in the near future. Both nav an or landing.

Ron: There is a picture of the lights installed on Van's "Red" RV-12 in "RV-12 First Flights: Photo Album" I got the pic from a post by Larry Geiger (Geico266). It's about the 9th photo in the album.

Don

Last edited:
Maybe Scott would be kind enough to check on the status of the light package option. I'm getting close to painting and would like to get them installed before paint.

Any word on lights for the 12 yet. Ron

I can't estimate any specific date (so please don't start calling Van's until an announcement is made), but it should be getting close now.
Mitch has a beta test lighting kit but I imagine it is pretty cold in his hangar right, now so be patient.

I can't estimate any specific date (so please don't start calling Van's until an announcement is made), but it should be getting close now.
Mitch has a beta test lighting kit but I imagine it is pretty cold in his hangar right, now so be patient.

Good news Scott! Keep us informed. I'm holding off painting until I can get the lights installed.

Hey Folks,

I received the lighting kit from the home office last week. I'll start the install next week. I've reviewed the plans and checked all the parts and procedures. Looks, as usual, pretty straightforward and easy. Shouldn't take very long before it's done and I can report back to engineering. I've got heat in my hanger so that helps a bunch. Plus, I want to have them installed prior to my taking New Blue to the LSA Expo in Sebring next month.

Stay tuned. They're coming soon.

Hey Folks,

I received the lighting kit from the home office last week. I'll start the install next week. I've reviewed the plans and checked all the parts and procedures. Looks, as usual, pretty straightforward and easy. Shouldn't take very long before it's done and I can report back to engineering. I've got heat in my hanger so that helps a bunch. Plus, I want to have them installed prior to my taking New Blue to the LSA Expo in Sebring next month.

Stay tuned. They're coming soon.

Thanks Mitch. Keep us updated.