rv3flier

Well Known Member
I'm sure I'd read a post or two on this topic awhile ago, but I've done a number of searches and haven't been able to locate them.

I built the saw horse stands outlined in the manual and plan to start my condition inspection soon. Since the wings were off for the gear mod a year ago, I don't intend to remove them this year. So, has anyone supported the plane with wings on on the saw horses? Or, can someone provide a link to the earlier posts?

TIA

John

No reason you can't support the aircraft with the wings on sawhorses.

There are items on the condition inspection to be inspected and / or lubricated that require the wings to be removed. So yes the aircraft can be supported by saw horses with the wings in place. If it has been a year since the wings have been removed, IMHO, I would recommend removing the wings for inspection.

I am in the process of completing my first inspection. I discovered light corrosion inside my left fuselage flaperon torque tube.

Regards,

When you take the wings off, I recommend using metal tape to seal the exposed holes. Also the triangular openings in the end of the flaperons. Just got a mud dauber nest out of the MIDDLE of a flaperon!