ExtraKatana

Well Known Member
Our airport is now requiring liability insurance for our 60x60 hangar. We used our regular underwriter that we use for other buildings for the first year, but wanted to know if anyone specializes in this.
Thanks

Some aircraft insurance policies extend liability coverage to the building/hangar that the aircraft is housed in at no extra charge. I know mine does.

Last edited:
Hangar Policy

The airport is wanting a standing liability policy for the hangar itself and not just any damage that might occur because of the insured airplane. For example, they want the policy to be in effect when you and your plane are on a trip.

i use my insurance company...american family insurance. holy **** who can afford not to have liability? what if a piece of roof blows off your hangar and drives itself thru the side of a bizjet?

NationAir

Thanks Nigel. I will reach out to them as they insure an aircraft of ours.

Bob, Our airport doesn't see Bizjet traffic but a loose piece of sheet metal might remove that 150 eye-sore tied down on the ramp. :)

Thanks Nigel. I will reach out to them as they insure an aircraft of ours.

Bob, Our airport doesn't see Bizjet traffic but a loose piece of sheet metal might remove that 150 eye-sore tied down on the ramp. :)

Too bad you cant target certain airplanes! Ha!