petersb

Well Known Member
Need to renew my aircraft liability insurance.

Currently with EAA, any thoughts on the competitors, COPA and Marsh.

Which offers the best, looking at liability of 1 million

Peter

depends on the wording/coverage you like....

If you want liability only, you choose the amount, and I think C-PLAN and Marsh were within a few percent of each other.
I got 2 quotes last year for full hull and in motion, IIRC, the best price did not have the $1 mill passenger coverage, so I asked if they couldn't offer combined limit, giving the same effective coverage, in my opinion. It took a few days, but they came back with that, at the same price.
...so don't hesitate to ask for what YOU want, not just what they are offering, especially this time of year, they have time to cater to you.
I planned to fly into some grass strips, so asked to be sure there were no exclusions buried in there anywhere.

Pete, PM me if you'd like, I can dig up more detail.

I was insured for years with the COPA Silver Wings plan through Marsh, then when EAA C-PLAN came along I got full in-motion hull insurance for less than the COPA not-in-motion insurance - a little competition in the insurance business is a good thing!

The other airplane I fly is insured through COPA / Magnes and we've seen rates for it declining.

In my humble opinion, Marsh is dead last in the business because their customer service attitude is deplorable. The folks at EAA C-PLAN are very good, and the gal who seems to be doing all the real work, Sandy Odebunmi, is simply fantastic.

BTW, I carry $2M liability... these days $1M isn't very much when you start to see the size of some of the settlements that are being awarded.

I support COPA through Magnes for all the things COPAdoes for Canadian aviation. Rates seem more than competitive with the others, last time I checked.

Insurance

Hello Listers

''I support COPA through Magnes''..

I've been with Copa ( Marsh ) for quite a few years and had to claim 2 canopies and they were really good to deal with.

I'm with Magnes this year and they were more than glad to compete on rates with Marsh..

Called the Rep for C-Plan and didn't even get a reply....That was it for me...

I also carry a 2 millions liability coverage..

Price this year in Quebec was $1364.00 for an all inclusive coverage for $75000.00

YMMV

Bruno
[email protected]

rates

There are several rvs on our field. We all used to be with Copa, the rates where high and then c plan through eaa came along. All of us switched and saved 500 or more a year.

This last year (spring 14) most of us just renewed. One guy shopped around and found that copa rates where way cheaper than c plan now. Apparently they redid their plan as they had lost so much business. He came in another 400 or so cheaper than all of us at C plan. So....looks like there might be some good savings shopping hard.

More avgas $$