prkaye

Well Known Member
For an A model, is "level flight attitude" the same as the airplane sitting on its wheels on a level floor?

Not really. Level flight attitude will also vary according to airspeed and load. If you set your artificial horizon pitch to level when on the ground, it will probably not be correct when in level flight. Also, for my RV9-A, if I set the horizon pitch to zero at 150 mph and then accelerate to 180, the pitch indication will be way off. Slower you go the higher the nose will be.

If your looking for weighing level, no. That's usually a canopy sill, doorsill, or a level line (cessna uses a couple screws several feet apart).

For an A model, is "level flight attitude" the same as the airplane sitting on its wheels on a level floor?

I think it is covered in section 15 (but I might be wrong)

Leveling reference is with the airplane level at the canopy rails / main longerons.
This requires spacing the main wheels on a 7A or 9A higher by approx. the thickness of a 2X4. You can do the fine adjustment by adding or removing air from the nose tire.

I also guess that originally the ground attitude would have been equal to the level flight attitude and that after the SB regarding nose wheel and the subsequent higher nose clearance, the airplane assumed a slightly nose up attitude.