Gary 40274

Well Known Member
I was delighted to see my picture and a picture of my RV10 panel in the Jan issue of sport aviation. I have always considered it an honor to be published there. However these pictures were in an article about my friend Bob Collins? stick-to-itiveness. The occasion was the hanging of Bob?s engine where I flew down from my airport at Lino Lakes MN to his in South St Paul. He took lots of pictures of my plane and obviously some one took one of Bob and myself working on the engine mounting. The funny thing about that engine hanging was that he advertised to the locals that on Saturday folks could come and learn how to hang an engine. I showed up along with others and as it turned out was the only one who had done it before, so I became the instructor for the day. Home building always brings folks together and makes friends of them.

Gary Specketer

Tech counselor, Flight Advisor

Also, Gary, I talked to EAA and they're going to run a correction next month (or whenever) to note that that was YOUR airplane.

I assume that when they get around to doing a well-deserved article on your, they'll show my plane. :p

For more pictures of Gary, go here. (Pete Howell pix)

And if you want to see that RV-10 in action, go here.

Last edited: