I do not have the print in front of me, what when I looked, they all 3 came back and would appear are tied together under heat shrink to one single cable. Unsure if that one single wire is shielded. It's been running like this for 8 yrs...I'm just double checking the sb's and letters/notices on my 1st annual and came across this one. Since mine was flying prior to 2006, I'll assume this letter is not meant for me. Sterling from Vans told me the reason for this, was that the internal wiring of the alt. was changed after .06 and if those wires were not disconnected, it could ruin the voltage regulator. Would have happened by now, I suppose.

i did call them

it goes, since mine shipped before 2006, that it is "assumeably" ok.
Dun
Nice if they would have went with serial number off units as in others cases, as the time frame is close.

Alternator

It looks like I received my Plane Power alternator in 2009. From what I can see from my notes, I have a red wire (terminal 3) going to the field switch, a white wire (terminal 1) going through an 'alternator out light' and it looks like there may be a jumper between terminal 3 and terminal 2. I'll have to check to confirm the jumper.
So, I guess the question is whether the alternator out (terminal 1) wire must be removed and whether the jumper must go? I'm looking at the Plane Power schematic with a "clarified wiring diagram" revision dated 1/14/2007, which I used for my wiring.
Seems to me that the SB could have provided a bit more clarity.

Jim Diehl
7A
Williamsport, Pa