BlackRV7

Well Known Member
After some "ingenious" use of straps, I am happy to report a 10 emp/tailcone box will fit in the back of a Tahoe....with no room to spare:eek: Two of us loaded it in the Tahoe after I had it delivered to a commercial client of mine and down the road I went....gingerly I might add. I arrived at my house with a unscathed crate. I've got a work table set up in the downstairs and, knowing myself, I'll be at it head strong right off the bat. Feels good to be pounding rivets again. After building a 7 and flying it, I know just how fun RV's are to fly so.............let the build begin!!!!!!!:D
rv10010resize.jpg

RE:Reporting Method

OK Dana whats it to be........ WEB CAM ..... BLOG .... WEB SITE .... Twitter .... Face Book ..... on and on and on....................

Man am I happy for you and just look forward to the progress and that 3rd first flight!!!!!!! Enjoy:D

Fank @ 1L8 ...RV7A... Flying and Tracken (MT-RTG)

I can report, as a repeat offender, after just unloading the contents of the crate....everything in the box is just bigger than what I was used to with the 7. With that said, there's no doubt it's a Van's kit as it has Van's written all over the making of the parts. One thing I did notice, after building one before, I was able to easily identify what most of the parts were for and was able to pretty closely organize the parts as to what part they are of the emp or tailcone. Time to do a little studying of the plans, check out the pieces and parts and start making some pounding noises. I'm seeing a nice leisurely build and having a good time while doing it.

Dana,

If you are attending Airventure this year, be sure to stop by the RV-10 HQ at Camp Scholler. You can find out the details at (http://myrv10.com/osh/)

Usually we have several organized dinners during the week with 40+ RV-10 builders in attendance. Of course there are always plenty of cold drinks and RV-10 conversation available during the other evenings as well.

bob

Dana,

If you are attending Airventure this year, be sure to stop by the RV-10 HQ at Camp Scholler. You can find out the details at (http://myrv10.com/osh/)

Usually we have several organized dinners during the week with 40+ RV-10 builders in attendance. Of course there are always plenty of cold drinks and RV-10 conversation available during the other evenings as well.

bob

Bob, thanks for the heads up. As if right now, I plan on right seating up with Steve Eberhart in his 7A so I will certainly add a dinner or two, or a cold drink or two, with the 10 gang.

...your log home looks a lot like mine!

Congrats,

No, Pierre.....your log home must look like mine...since I designed this one;)

I may get some work done on the 10 this evening but I need to get some things together for a weekend on the lake. My pontoon and a friends sailboat are calling.......

I see that log homes come with white plastic instead of blue - they must use a different supplier than Vans. I hear that if you peal up the first few inches and wrap it around a broomstick, you can just roll all of that plastic right off......:D

Glad to see you're building again.

I see that log homes come with white plastic instead of blue - they must use a different supplier than Vans. I hear that if you peal up the first few inches and wrap it around a broomstick, you can just roll all of that plastic right off......:D

Glad to see you're building again.

It did hit me yesterday as I was unloading the crate....just how much I learned, and still obviously do, hate that @#$$ %^&*# #$%*%* blue plastic!!:eek:

Actually the white "plastic" on the house is a operational greenhouse, little warm in there this time of year.