jdmunzell

Well Known Member
100_0852.jpg
[/IMG]Hello all,

I have a little problem here...

This is the trailing edge of the outer top skin of the left wing where it joins up/overlaps the inboard skin. Everything looked fine until I went and clecoed on the aileron brace just to see what it wood look like. It seems there is a slight buckle in the skin right there at the trailing edge inboard side of the outer skin. I hope these pictures adequately show the problem.

Left%20Wing%20Skin%20Issues

What to do about this guys??:confused:

Last edited:
Okay, it looks like I have a bigger problem of not knowing how to adequately post pictures!

While I am monkeying around with this new technology...try to imagine this.

The outer top skin on my left wing is ever so slightly buckled on the trailing edge between the overlapped joint and the next rib outboard. It all looked fine while riveting, and still looked good when done. When I clecoed the aileron brace on to have a look see is when I noticed this slight "rise" in the trailing edge of the skin....again just between the lap joint and the next rib outboard (about 6 or 7 inches). It also happens to be where ther last cleco is on the aileron brace.

What can I do about this?

Fixed it for you

Okay, it looks like I have a bigger problem of not knowing how to adequately post pictures!

While I am monkeying around with this new technology...try to imagine this.

The outer top skin on my left wing is ever so slightly buckled on the trailing edge between the overlapped joint and the next rib outboard. It all looked fine while riveting, and still looked good when done. When I clecoed the aileron brace on to have a look see is when I noticed this slight "rise" in the trailing edge of the skin....again just between the lap joint and the next rib outboard (about 6 or 7 inches). It also happens to be where ther last cleco is on the aileron brace.

What can I do about this?

Gallery Link is--- http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/ww141/jdmunzell/Left Wing Skin Issues/

100_0852.jpg

100_0858.jpg

Last edited:
Your Welcome

by the way, it looks to me that the next piece of the gap seal/ support should straighten it out. Try clecoing it in place and see what it looks like.

Don, the next bracket that attaches down there is the flap brace and it will attach to the bottom skin, when it is installed.

I'm afraid I may have to drill out the rivets for most all the lap joint holes and a good part of the rib rivets, of course as well as those bottom rivets! I'm afraid I may not have gotten out all of the creep as I was riveting that area. We'll see what other ideas are out there.

I see

Don, the next bracket that attaches down there is the flap brace and it will attach to the bottom skin, when it is installed.

I'm afraid I may have to drill out the rivets for most all the lap joint holes and a good part of the rib rivets, of course as well as those bottom rivets! I'm afraid I may not have gotten out all of the creep as I was riveting that area. We'll see what other ideas are out there.

Oh I see, the 8 is different than my 9. On the 9 both of those sections go to the top skins. Just ignore me:eek:

Just want to get this post back near the top to see if anyone has seen this problem before and what you guys did about it. I'm hoping for a solution that keeps me from drilling out a whole bunch of rivets.:eek:

Other ideas anyone???