wings05rv6a

Hello;

I am closing her up and have just a little left to do. ( Yeah the last 100% HEH HEH!!!:eek:) I am thinking of instaling LED wing tip lights. I know off some people who make great wing tip LED lights and strobe combos, and I really like their products.
But while driving the other day I passed a construction sight that had several trucks and heavy equipment running around with LED yellow lights flashing rapidly for 5 or 6 times and a light on pause for 1 second. It was dark and I could see this from a great distance, VERY bright. So I thought why can't we conbine the two and eliminate the power supply and the glass bulb. I know that it exists, is it possible? please let me know It may save weight.

Bob
no handle YET my mistress is allmost done.

Hi Bob,

I'm working on this very thing right now.

Luxeon has a new line of LEDs, the Rebel, that are MUCH smaller than the stars and brighter. I'm working on a combo position light / strobe / landing light. The landing light is a BIT ambitious, but I think I can make it work. I'm shooting for in the neighborhood of 1500 lumens per side for landing light power.

My boards will have integrated current drivers, and they'll be somewhat redundant. To save cost and heat, there'll be a separate current driver for every couple LEDs, so if a current driver chip fails, only 3-4 of the 12-16 LEDs will go out