cjensen

Well Known Member
I just thought I'd show these things off...These are the Jeff Bordelon designed LED plates that I've adapted to the newer (larger) style -7 wingtips. I am VERY happy with how they turned out, and Jeff is now making them for the larger area on the -7, and has sold them for an RV-10 now, I believe! Check 'em out!

11-13-06-005w.jpg

11-13-06-007w.jpg

11-13-06-013w.jpg

If you're curious as to how these were installed, check out my web log for the entries from 11/9-11/13.

:cool: :cool:

Chad-They look fantastic! Easily the nicest looking LED package I've seen. Is there a tail strobe available with this kit or will you be getting that separately?

beautiful man. Wish I had 'em. Any provison for ftting a landing light in there as well?

erich weaver

Thanks!

Hmm, not sure about the tail strobe. I did buy mine separately, but Jeff does sell wingtip strobes as part of the package if you want them.

erich weaver said:
beautiful man. Wish I had 'em. Any provison for ftting a landing light in there as well?

erich weaver
Not enough room for a landing light in the tip. I designed my own landing lights in the leading edges, based on the Duckworks design.
8-12-06-011w.jpg

8-13-06-002w.jpg

LED Nav with taxi light option

Here is how I made mine, similar to Jeff's but with fewer, higher output LED's. Strobe tucked down low to stay out of the beam. It is amazing how much light they put out.

hangardance033qm7.jpg

hangardance029pp1.jpg

hangardance032hm4.jpg

petehowell said:
Here is how I made mine, similar to Jeff's but with fewer, higher output LED's. Strobe tucked down low to stay out of the beam. It is amazing how much light they put out.
Nice! Are those Luxeon I or IIIs?

Luxeon III's

Obnoxiously bright light. It is fun to turn them on when people say they can't be very bright!

It is amazing how bright these things are! Yours look really nice Pete! Glad you could answer the integrated landing light question.

Is your landing light the Creative Air light with a LED design of your own?

:cool:

Yes - rolled my own

I did not get any pics, but will be building a set for my friend Bernie over the holidays. I'll get some photos. I use the creative air tip lights for taxi and wig-wag. Duckworks light in the wing for landing. Of course the only Night Ops I have done have been in the hangar for the kids to see...........

Time to set up a business!

Maybe Stein would carry them for those I don't owe favors to.

Yes - Mike "you hold the wing up while I struggle with the spar bolts" Behnke gets a set too!