Don Patrick

Well Known Member
I've been talking to the supplier of our LED emergency lighting for our police vehicles. I also work out of the location that converts off the factory line police cars into actual patrol vehicles.

The company that supplies the lighting currently has two lights of interest that may be suitable for any RV build. The brightness of the LED's are impressive!

We obviously use red, blue and white in a stobe capacity around the vehicle, but the lighting of course can be adjusted to a steady light, just by programming the module with the touch of the green wire.

The rep for the company will be coming to our location and is bringing a red, green, and white LEd package. Each unit has a built in power supply/in-line flasher and runs off 12 volts.

The cost per light with the power supply and wiring is $88.

I'll take some photos and video and post them once I get them. May be a cheap solution for NAV lights instead of some of the expensive options out there.

The company is in the U.S. and Canada. Here's a link to the two differnt lights that they're brining:

http://www.dandrelectronics.com/dandr-website.nsf

Look at exterior lights, Light Brite LED, and then onto the L12P-X and the ML8I
They also have the PAR 36 LED that can be used for a landing light that also has flash capabilty.

The rep I spoke with had no idea about experimental/homebuilt aircraft.

I'll keep ya posted.

Cheers,

Don

Last edited:
Don,

There have been many of us that have attempted to go this route with various levels of success.

The one item to make sure you check out with this vendor is the understand the amount of RF that their products generate.

If you search VAF you'll find several long threads on the subject with a couple leading vendors of emergency vehicle lighting.

I wish you luck and hope you'll find this vendor's product RF free.

bob

Thanks Bob,

I'l make sure to ask about the RF and to see if they use any shielded wire and such.

Cheers,

Don