Larry James

I'm New Here
Has anyone done any research or otherwise compared the new Whelen LED systems to AeroLED lighting ??? AeroLED publishes their light output while Whelen seems to keep that quiet - so maybe a qualitative test is in order ???

Well.....

It goes something like this.

We bought Whelen LED strobes and Nav's for the 8 - you know, it's the green eco thang to do.

Anyhow.

I said - lets plug them in and see how they work.

FLASH FLASH FLASH FLASH

Burt.........

I can't see Jack shirt......

Oh, My Word - They are brighter than a Senator on a good day !!!

No idea about Whelen vs AeroLeds, but if anyone has the line on what Boeing is using on the 787, I would be interested in the details. The lights on that thing really pop, day or night.

I have been told they are LED's and obviously whatever they are using would be way overkill for a Gen-Av aircraft, but a scaled down version may be quite impressive.

Mark

Looking through the Aveo product listings leaves me wondering what's what... Price range for combo units featuring red or green nav light plus white tail light and integral LED strobes seems to span a factor of 3X in price. Would love to hear who's tried which model and how well they work. Particularly interested in knowing how bright the strobes are, and how they perform from an EMI/RFI standpoint.