Jim Lewellyn

Well Known Member
The left side fuel sender (Vans float type for Vans analog gauge) on my RV6 is oozing around the center screw (the electrical termination screw). The wire is tight under the screw, but the screw itself is a bit loose and can be rotated. I am not the builder and I do not have a picture of the fuel sender. Would someone help me visualize what the sender looks like? Should I order a new one and replace it or is it possible that it can be fixed?

Thank you,
Jim

I guess covering the offending screw with tank sealant is the easiest fix. Vans sells small amounts for this job. If you replace the whole sender , its a dirty job at best as the whole thing must be resealed with sealant.I would first try just the simple fix.

EJ

It'll be a pain to replace it (got to open the tank). I would call Vans or Stewart Warner to see what they suggest. A little Proseal may do the trick but they can tell you for sure.

Here's a pic of the senders I got from Vans for my 7A.

fuel_level_senders.jpg

-Rick

Leaky

Rick,

Thanks for the picture. Yours appear to be the same type that I have. I will give Vans a call. Thanks for the help and advice.

Jim