JimB

Hi Guys, My fuel tank leaks so now I need to cut an inspection hole to get in there and fix it. Whats the best way to cut a hole large enough for this? Nibbler followed by a file is what I'm thinking but would like to hear any better ideas. THanks...........Jim

Larry is there a way to fix a leak from the outside?

Yes, do a search. There are several ways to fix it. Try that first before you take the tank off and cut a hole in it. :eek:

The easiest one to try first is using Green (wicking) LocTite with a small vacuum being pulled on the tank.

Is it on the bottom or top?

Last edited:
Larry, it's not installed yet. Still building my wings. The leaks are in the aft corners. The one one the inside I can get to thru the access panel but one of the outside corners leaks also. I also have a small leak where the skin meets the rear baffle near the center. I'll look for some green loctite and give it a try............Thanks

Larry, it's not installed yet. Still building my wings. The leaks are in the aft corners. The one one the inside I can get to thru the access panel but one of the outside corners leaks also. I also have a small leak where the skin meets the rear baffle near the center. I'll look for some green loctite and give it a try............Thanks

You need to hire the neighborhood 8 year old kid with little arms & hands and goop some more pro-seal in there! :D

Is it illegal to shanghai / force kids into helping build airplanes? :confused: I may have stumbled onto something here! Child labor sweat shops building RV's!

Last edited:
during the construction of my tank I opted to install an end rib access hole on both sides of the tank for that very reason, But before you cut holes in your tank I would try the locktite trick. It seems to work just fine.