rwarre

Well Known Member
I have tried three time to stop a very small leak at the fuel valve. It is the pipe thread portion of the fitting going in to the valve. The line then goes to the fuel pump. I am now considering replacing the valve with the Andair to get rid of the fitting. Question I have is will I have to redo the fuel lines in order to replace the valve. I plan on getting the Andair valve through Vans. My craft is a 7A. Thanks

I think you may have to redo some fuel lines. I just spent the last week bending tubes to fit the Andair's fuel selector to a high pressure pump. The stock Van's selector has the wing outputs and the engine output in a slightly different configuration to the Andairs.

I would think long and hard and do some more research before I switch as it may be a big PITA to switch.

Darren. I'm building a -7

Also note that Aircraft Spruce sells an "aftermarket" valve that is a drop-in replacement. See here. Me? I would just get another Van's valve as they can be had for next to nothing with all the folks installing Andair units.

This has probably been covered, but have you tried putting fuel lube on the pipe thread fittings?

Could be the flare

Randy,

The leak could be caused by a bad flare or a scratch on the fitting. You could try inserting a Del 37 degree fitting seal. You can buy them at Aircraft Spruce. Details.

If you are interested in a new Vans fuel valve, I have one. $30 delivered. Send me a PM if interested.

Mike