dweyant

Well Known Member
I finished both of my fuel tanks.

Did the pressure test on the first tank. Let the balloon sit for a couple hours, and everything was great!

Did the same thing with the second tank, and the balloon deflated withing 30 seconds.

I have several leaks, but by far the worst is the rear baffle. I apparently did not but nearly enough pro seal on the baffle to create a good bead.

So, what are my options to fix this?

I could put a bead of pro seal on the outside of the baffle? Doesn't sound like a good idea, but I don't know?

Should I just bit the bullet and cut the holes so I can get access to (lack of) bead on the baffle?

Any other options/suggestions?

If I go with the holes in the baffle option, does anyone have a part number for the plates I need?

Thanks,

-Dan

Hey Dan,

I had a similar problem. Finally had to dunk it in water to find it leaking at corner where end rib meets baffle. I was able to go thru tank access panel and get more sealant in there. I've read some posts where people have the other corners leak and have to go thru the filler neck.

Hope that helps.

Jay

Jay,

(un) fortunately, I've found the leaks...

There are multiple leaks all along the rear baffle seal. Apparently I did a poor job of getting a bead of proseal setup.

-Dan

Hate to say it but access plates and a thick layer of the good stuff inside is the only way to permanently fix it.

Hate to say it but access plates and a thick layer of the good stuff inside is the only way to permanently fix it.

That is what I was afraid of.....

Anyone have the part number so I can order some access plates?

-Dan

Are your leaks at the T-912 attach brackets or at the T-902 tank baffles?
I solved T-912 attach bracket leaks on mine by drilling of the blind rivets top and then punching the remainder in too the tank (without enlarging the holes very much). Keep count of all the drilled out rivets, you will need to fish every last one out. Then goop each rivet and reset. Worked for me. You still have the fallback position of access ports.

well, ugh.

Just got off the phone with Vans. There recommendation is to drill out all of the rivets on the rear baffle and redo the proseal bead....

Can't say I'm excited about it, but if that is the best way to fix it....

-Dan