jim plaster

Well Known Member
Has anyone come up with an overhaul kit for these fuel caps? I disassembled one and it has two internal smaller orings and the large flange oring. Mine are leaking at the key/lock area

Mine too

Mine are the standard non-locking caps.
Seems to me I saw a replacement O-ring kit somewhere -- maybe Vans or ACS.
I didn't need it at the time, but one of mine leaks now through the center shaft that expands the plug when you close it.

leaking fuel caps

Looks like they have a kit for the non-locking caps. Mine has the retrofit Newton 20 locking caps . Just email the manufacturer in the UK for help on parts.

fuel cap kits

Emailed Newton and he's supposed to get back with me next week. Got a response from A/C Spruce last night....the kit is available via special order from Newton. If anyone else is interested the part number is ohk-z2 and cost $10.50... I tried using Google to view the contents of the kit but nothing shows up there....I guess it's all top secret stuff!

fuel cap leaks

:)Got a response from Newton this morning basically telling me to contact a/c spruce again for help. They also refused to give me manufacturer part numbers on the kit contents....pretty much useless "**** on a boar hog" info.:confused:What ever happened to product support??

Gas Caps

I have the same leak but now in both caps ... I need the kit also !!

I sent a note to ACS and Wicks to see if either one will reply !!

Len
Greensboro, NC

Last edited:
leaking caps

len,where are yours leaking? Mine are/were from the key slots on both caps. Hate to say it BUT...I've fixed both caps until the kits get here...went to Harbor Freight and bought one of their o-ring kits ,disassembled the caps and re-oringed the lock assembly and the main seal on the cap. The third oring appeared fine so I fuel lubed it and reassembled the caps...No Leaks for now...I know its a temp thing but siphoning fuel all over the wing in flight was making a mess..I'm going to get up with the girl at a/c spruce and order several kits since theyre cheap....I'll get spares if you like...jim in winston-salem

aero 20l fuel cap leaks

krw5972.....isn't that cap. These caps are key lock retro caps that use the smaller flange. Look on A/C spruce's site, their part number for the cap is 05-01006 .

Leaking Aero Caps

Jim:

I got a reply from Michelle at Aircraft Spruce. She is placing a special order for the overhaul kit from the manufacturer.

It includes the main seal, the lock seal and a new red plastic retaining clip.

$10.50

Len