lostpilot28

Well Known Member
I've got a Catto 3-blade prop and I'm (finally) getting around to putting the leading edge prop-guard tape on it. I was about to do it today, but I was slightly confused by the very long instructions. This is the kit that you buy for ~$50 at ACS.

The point in question is whether or not I need to use the adhesive accellerator. There is a blurb on the back of the instruction sheet that gives drying times. 24 hours with the accellerator, 48 hours without (on a polished prop). Does anyone have any suggestions about this?

Thanks! :D

Accelerant

I've got a Catto 3-blade prop and I'm (finally) getting around to putting the leading edge prop-guard tape on it. I was about to do it today, but I was slightly confused by the very long instructions. This is the kit that you buy for ~$50 at ACS.

The point in question is whether or not I need to use the adhesive accellerator. There is a blurb on the back of the instruction sheet that gives drying times. 24 hours with the accellerator, 48 hours without (on a polished prop). Does anyone have any suggestions about this?

Thanks! :D

I used the accelerant for my instal so I don't know. Contact the Mfg and let us know what they say. :cool:

If the accelerant was an extra purchase, I did not use it. I used the items that were supplied with the original kit.
It's probably been on the prop for about a year with no delamination.

Nope, the accelerant came with the kit from ACS. I called Craig today and asked what he thought of using it, and he said to use it. He also e-mailed me his own instruction set for installing the prop-guard tape. Pictures included! Awesome customer service!

Sonny,

Would you mind sending me that e-mail from Craig? I put some vinyl tape on last summer but it did NOT stay on too well. It was a field install so I was actually happy with the way it worked, but would like to try it again using his instructions.

Jim jdelveau (at) msn (dot) [com]

I can't say how it would be if you didn't use the accellerant; I used it on mine. It was a real pain getting it to follow the curve on a scimitar prop. I had to cut a notch on the back side of of the tape about eight inches from the end of each blade. Even with the accellerant, there was plenty of time to do the job.