Daniel S.

Well Known Member
Does anyone know of a good leading edge landing light kit or plans? I don't want all of the **** that comes with duckworks / whelen kitsas Im using an LED landing lights.

Thanks

I just bought a pair of AeroLEDs 1600s, and plan on getting a pair of the Duckworks blank leading edge mounting kits. That seems to be a popular combination for RV leading edge lights.

I bought the duckworks mounting kit and reflectors. Then I bought a separate HID kit. The mounting kit is still expensive, but it looks good. The HID kit was about $50.

i made mine in a couple of hours with 50 cents worth of plexi and some bits from the scrap bin. I heated the plexi up with a electric space heater and then wrapped it around the leading edge. I made a z channel for the bottom to fit into and riveted it to the skin. i used three screws in the top with a strip with nutplates on the bottom side of the plexi. i used two pieces of .063 angle to mount the plate for the light on. on the bottom I used a piece of hinge and on the top two long screws with springs to use as adjusters. mounted a reflector from a driving light from pep boys airomotive and done. less than 20 bucks including the driving light that gave up its life for the reflector.

bob burns

HID Home brew?

Hi Mike, any more info on the home brew kit? Photo? May want to do the same.
Thanks, al