RV_7A

Well Known Member
HEY! Lets add just one more section!!! It's clear there are many of us that follow others progress on this site. What could make things so much easier for us to show off our work we are so proud of if we have our own website? It sure would save me a lot of time going to every single site I frequent and looking for the latest update. It would be quick and simple to go to this sticky and look for all the latest progress of my buds.

It would be simple... Just put your screeen name as the title and the link to your latest page in the body.

Title: RV_7A

What do you think Doug? I know it would be very useful to me. I could just got to the thread and look for the screen name.

Put down your weapons and let the ones who could use this enjoy.

-Jeff

Last edited:
That's a good idea. I know we have the status threads for each model, but I've never posted in it. It's gotten so incredibly long. Plus, it feels off-topic to comment in that thread. For example, I noticed in Garrett's picture in the 7/7A status thread that he's using an engine dehumidifier, but didn't want to pollute the thread asking about it.

Dave

Coupla questions...are you suggesting this for people who have NO builder website? A thread for each person and their latest construction shot there?

There is already a builder website section at http://www.vansairforce.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=95 and if you sort by latest post in there (the default) you would kind of get what you are asking for - the builder posts a reply to their builder site thread with a link to the latest page updated. This would give all the new updates up top.

I'm probably missing something, though <g>. Feel free to educate me on the idea some more. I'm interested!

b,
d

Last edited:
Its for people with websites. If you made a sticky in that section for "Latest Updates" that would not clutter the Builder websites part and be a specific place for updates only.

-Jeff

RSS, feedreader, Firefox w/sage

For websites that support RSS, you can use feedreader or sage with Firefox to get latest updates on builder websites. Works really well, but only for sites that support RSS. Almost all blogs do, not sure how many builder websites support this. I know mine does, and so does Kevin's. Probably a lot more.