KazooRV-9A

Well Known Member
Patron
I'm wading into the insurance realm, and I'm sure it's a common topic, But where can I go to educate myself on how/where to buy insurance while still in the build process?
I'm pretty well along and will soon be moving the RV-9A project from my shop at my residence to a hangar for final assembly.
I feel like it's (actually past) time to insure the build, What's other builders recent experience?
AC

With the addition of avionics and an engine, I recently started insuring my RV-7 project. I used Leah @ Gallagher (877-520-6247). She knew what I needed; she is very familiar with RVs and experimental aviation. A few different carriers quoted it. I was hoping for lower, but I'm paying about $750 yearly for $150,000 in coverage.

I've got BWI sort of looking for some options. since I have insurance with them on another plane.
I had no idea what value to put on the build, and was curious how any claim might go if I had one. I had made an inquiry some time ago, and there was something said by some company about having to provide receipts if there was a claim or something like that. So I'm trying to get a handle on what to do.