ron sterba

Well Known Member
I have to say that I was impressed with a comm radio I saw there by VAL AVIONICS! The show special was just under 1grand. They said that they will be at Sun-N-Fun and Kosh. The chassis is milled from a solid piece of Aluminum. Rather different I might say. Stores Freq's and you can assign the freqs to a name like ATIS or City TOWER name. Built well! I'am going to put one in my 9A this summer. Didn't see Garmin there. Didn"t see much new stuff but lots of refinements to great avionics already out there. Was liken to LEDS for lighting on the tips and panel switches with led back lights behind icons. They were shown by Kestrel Air. Manufacturing is done by Aveo engineering. I bought their Wing tip LEDS with the strobes. Just a note what I liked. Ron

I think it will work fine and nice and compact. Heard theres a company that uses their radios in mowers cutting grass and have had no repairs in two years.Sounds pretty reliable!

Ron 9AQB

Last edited:
For that much money i'd still go with an iCom A210 instead. With the 210 you get a built-in intercom, larger display, standby frequency monitoring, and GPS integration (frequencies transferred automatically from your GPS to your standby slot). Much better bang-for-the-buck, IMHO.