MacPara

Well Known Member
I've received the last kit for my -12 and am now wondering what will happen next (besides me working on it). Will Van's just send me the ELSA paperwork and the PAP and the decals or do I have to do something to get this process moving?

You'll get all of that and a couple of other things in about a couple of weeks based on other's (and my) experience.

I was wondering too

I sent a request through the support email site and later received the documentations, operating hand book, maintenance information, and stickers.

I felt I had to ask and they wouldn't just send it but this was just my experience.

Thanks guys! I'll sit tight for a few weeks while installing the engine. It will take me two months to finish everything up, so I will contact Van's if I didn't get anything after a month.

Well, the paperwork does NOT come by itself. I contacted Barb today to order the nose wheel fairing doublers in response to SB 12-08-09 and also asked the question about the paperwork. Barb forwarded it to the appropriate person at Van's which appears to be Cynthia (cynthias at vansaircraft dot com) and she sent me a Word file containing a form I had to fill out and send back. The information provided to generate a Bill of Sale is the kit model, the registration type (ELSA/E-AB), the avionics style if an RV-12 (D-180 or SV), serial number, name of person or business who purchased the kit, physical address of person or business.
Bill of Sale documents are generated on Thursdays and mailed out on Fridays as a note in the document stated.

I provided the information and am now waiting what happens next. Will keep you posted.