rv72004

Well Known Member
Just ran engine for first time. XP360 with Lasar.
At 1700 rpm did a mag check. All parameters were good . when I went back to both mags however the rpm climbed about 200 rpm to 1900rpm without touching the throttle. The lasar light also went on. The light stays on for 20 seconds as per the manual , but why do the revs climb??

Is this normal???

I've run LASAR for 2400+ hours (O-360 A1A) and have NEVER seen this. Recommend you check with Steve Carter at Unison. Let me know what you find out, Rosie

Rosie ,
do you by any chance have a email or phone no for Steve at unison ?
Thanks

From Rosie: I don't have it handy but you can start with Unison at http://www.unisonindustries.com/contactus.html. I heading out for vacation Saturday AM but will try to remember and look for it tomorrow...

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the number I have for Unison to ask about your LASAR system: (904) 739-4068. Good luck, Rosie

Well I think I found the problem, The engine was assembled by superior and bench run. So it did run. However when I borrowed a Lasar tool to check the magnetos, I found the one to be way out . I mean way out. I had to turn the mag about 45degrees to get the timing right.

I havent run the engine yet, but this seems to have been the problem ,or so I hope.

Moral of the story, even though your engine was bench run recheck all you can.