RV7Guy

Well Known Member
We have had some interest at JDair (www.jdair.com) about making a larger for for larger tail wheel.

For those who are using a larger wheel, do you have a source for the wheel? Need to know what's out there and being used.

Thanks in advance.

Darwin,

I'm using a Matco wheel with a wheelchair foam-filled tire that's 8" diameter. Matco also has several pneumatic tires that fit their wheel if one wants to go pneumatic. Vince at Flyboys is fabricating the fork for me and I expect to do some test flying as soon as he is done and ships back to me.

Here's the page (hard to find on the matco website unless one knows what one is looking for):

http://www.matcomfg.com/index.html

and put in WHLTW37 in the search engine. It's a well-made, light wheel.

cheers,
greg

I've made several larger than standard tailwheel forks for RVers who want to "off road" a bit.

If Greg's new fork/tire combo works out, I expect that we will offer it as a drop-in substitute for the standard RV type (or ours, or Bell's) tailwheel.

The new tire that Greg will be using looks great. Light and reasonably priced. The only drawback is that it's not proven yet. And it's gray rubber. Black would look better.

More later......