Tram

Well Known Member
OK guys -

Another "we didn't build it question."

We have one cover that is in pretty rough shape and getting worse all the time.. Cracks, etc..

Did the kits come with a light cover or is someone selling them, or am I really fortunate in that the builder most likely heated and formed his own cover? :)

Thanks

Jeff

OK guys -

Another "we didn't build it question."

We have one cover that is in pretty rough shape and getting worse all the time.. Cracks, etc..

Did the kits come with a light cover or is someone selling them, or am I really fortunate in that the builder most likely heated and formed his own cover? :)

Thanks

Jeff

Where are the lights? Are they in the wingtips? or the leading edges? If LE's you might be able to order replacement lenses from duckworks? If wingtips... Vans.

Where are the lights? Are they in the wingtips? or the leading edges? If LE's you might be able to order replacement lenses from duckworks? If wingtips... Vans.

Van's has replacement lenses for there brand and for duck works. Depending on the vintage of the airplane and the choices the builder made there are numerous other posibilties (Bob Olds, RMD, etc.) Post a photo of what you have and it should be easy to determine what you need.

Anyone know what brand these covers might be?

This is what we have..

52e6c8ca.jpg

Those are either duckworks, or perhaps homebrewed.

Duckworks lenses would fit with suitable trimming.

However, a couple of hours and a trip to Lowe's and you could make your own on a rainy (or snowy) Saturday morning.

I have drape formed replacement lenses out of both lexan and plexiglass with little difficulty.

Let me know if you want a brief tutorial--it wouldn't be up to DanH's standards, but it's not too hard a job ;)

Those look like Bob Olds style lights. Duckworks can make some replacements for you. I don't think their standard lenses will fit, but they have done some for me before.