ron sterba

Well Known Member
Just bought the Landing light lens (2) for my 9A from Vans. I would like to ask how you fabricated the whole assembly. From cutting out the leading edge of the wing and placing nutplates and trimming the plastic lens to making a adjustable bracket to hold the lamp and the type reflector you used. I hearing that the reflector from the high beams of some cars makes a perfect fit and spread of the light beam. I hear that even though you have a high wattage lamp doesn't always mean a LOT OF LIGHT. Open to ideas. Thanks guys.
Ron in Oregon

Ya Steve I think thats what I was thinking. I was wondering if anyone got creative with their's without the Ductworks kit.
Ron

Last edited:
Landing light lens

Ron,

Nice, recent posting at http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=83364 with link to pictures showing cutting / fitting wing tip lenses. My preference is to drill and tap a blob of flox places on the inside of the wingtip for the corner screws rather than use nut plates.

The cutout in the wing tip blocks light from the wing tips directly in front of the plane. IF you really want LIGHT I'd recommend mounting an HID in the leading edge of each wing, IE Duckworks.

Regards,

Roy

Thanks Roy. I see your point about blocking and at that angle i can see the light won't be there. I haven't seen the Duckworks light assembly but I'll check it out. Thanks Roy. So how many hours do you have on it now? Ron