Terrybrd

I have just cut the hole for the landing light and installed the ribs to hold the light. Put the light in and secured it and now the lens will not go in because it is hitting the mounting ribs.
Lens is all trimmed to the proper size so I can't cut anymore off.
If you could squeeze the lens without it breaking then you can maybe get it in but I don't think that is a very good idea to try.

Terry

The lens can (and must be) squeezed slightly to go in or out.

Make sure the top and bottom edges are trimmed to near the edge of the nutplate backing plates.

I was afraid to squeeze it not sure how much it would take before breaking.
It looks like if you cut a notch out of one of the ribs near the top, then it would slide in on an angle and then you could rotate it into position without squeezing it at all.
The ribs only hold the light in position and I don't think that it would weaken it enough to make a difference.

Technically, it is not possible to insert it without squeezing because since the lens is trimmed to overlap the wing skin on the inner surface, the cross section height of the lens has to be taller than the cross section height of the skin opening (which is why it needs to be squeezed slightly).
When the lens isn't in place, the skin tends to naturally flare open slightly, reducing the need for squeezing, but it is still slightly necessary.

landinglight

I put an access panel behind the light. Place the lens in from the back side.
The access panel will let you adjust the light later in the build.

Good luck
Pegasus