lostpilot28

Well Known Member
Would anyone have some suggestions as to the dimensions and placement of the landing light holes that are cut in the wings? I've seen pictures of the Duckworks setup and it looks pretty simple...I just need to know how big the hole should be and the best placement for a -7A.

Any help is much appreciated!

I have the Duckworks setup in my 9A. Relatively easy to install, comes with templates and all instructions. There is not much latitude in the wing placement of the lights, but I feel they're worth it.

Hi Jorge,
I've got a set of HID lights (rectangular shape) that I plan to build a bracket for...I just need the dimensions and placement of the hole to cut in the wing.

Regards,

Sonny

lostpilot28 said:
Would anyone have some suggestions as to the dimensions and placement of the landing light holes that are cut in the wings? I've seen pictures of the Duckworks setup and it looks pretty simple...I just need to know how big the hole should be and the best placement for a -7A.

Any help is much appreciated!
Duckworks provides a paper template and the measurements to mark the leading edge skin for the hole cutout. Proper positioning of the hole (X distance outboard from the rib and X distance from the seam of the leading edge top skin) is as important as the hole itself because of the design of the light kit parts and the shape of the lens. As shown, most of the hole cutout is located on the lower wing surface. Contact Duckworks and maybe they will fax you a copy of the template. No way would I make that cut without precise measurements from the get go.

duckworks0210qk5.jpg

Rick6a said:
Contact Duckworks and maybe they will fax you a copy of the template. No way would I make that cut without precise measurements from the get go.

I have seen fax machines re-scale documents. I highly recommend that you not make this cut from a fax.

Karl

Mark Burns said:
I bought the template and a few other parts I didn't want to make myself.
Very cost effective.

Thanks Mark, that's good news. I'll order the template and some lenses.

Regards,
Sonny

You can make a brkt with the pc. left over from the wing walk dblr stock. Harbor Freight has the cheap "fog light" on sale all the time for $8.99 (for two). Sign up for their e-mail ads, which come about twice a week and watch for the fog lights to be on sale.