Zero4Zulu

Well Known Member
I'm working on my panel design and was considering a "lights on" indicator light on the panel. In day time, can you see the lights on the leading edge when they are on?

Thanks,

I'm working on my panel design and was considering a "lights on" indicator light on the panel. In day time, can you see the lights on the leading edge when they are on?

Thanks,

I cannot see that my landing/taxi lights are on during the day.

Are you going to be operating the lights with a toggle switch or rocker switch? If so then use that as your indicator and avoid an unnecessary complication and using up precious panel space. What's the danger in leaving them on? If your objective is to ensure they are operating, then a preflight check will generally suffice; nothing you can do in the air. Also, if you rig your ammeter as a load meter you can watch the amperage go up/down as you turn them on/off. That will also tell you if one is inoperative.

My 2c.

Thanks,

I have the duckworth leading edge lights and I can see them enough from the cockpit to see they are on. I usually have them on wigwag and this makes it easier to see them on.

Bevan