Maxrate

Well Known Member
Patron
Looking for possible retirement property or air parks around the Knoxville,TN area. We’ve researched several air park websites but are looking for real-time experiences. All municipal airports have a long wait list for community or T hangars. Thanks

Deerfield resort

I have never lived there, but have visited (via my RV-4)Deerfield resort on Norris Lake a bit north of Knoxville. I'd move there in a skinny minute if I could. Water, Golf, Nice airport. Went there for a fly-in gathering, and meet some super people, as well as being a very scenic area. Check it out!

I have never lived there, but have visited (via my RV-4)Deerfield resort on Norris Lake a bit north of Knoxville. I'd move there in a skinny minute if I could. Water, Golf, Nice airport. Went there for a fly-in gathering, and meet some super people, as well as being a very scenic area. Check it out!

I've rented on Lake Norris. Reservoirs are a little different if you are used to glacier lakes, but it's a very nice area.

Looking for possible retirement property or air parks around the Knoxville,TN area. We’ve researched several air park websites but are looking for real-time experiences. All municipal airports have a long wait list for community or T hangars. Thanks

Mark, contact me when you get a chance and I will try and help. I am the president of our Knoxville EAA chapter and have a lot of contacts in the area. I see one of our members have already PM'd you. Deerfield is one that I would consider except it is a long winding road to town. Southfork is just a through the fence community alongside a public airport, looks good on paper, but doesn't impress me. At any rate feel free to reach out to me when you get a chance.
george

Thanks for all the replies. We spent 4 days in Nashville looking over the area and want to do the same with Knoxville this summer. Nashville airports have at least 75 to 100 on the wait list for T hangars. (Crazy) I’ll get in touch with everyone then and get more information. Thanks again for the input.