RV7Guy

Well Known Member
For those of you that have a heat shrink label maker, what brand do you have and how's it working for you? Wanna get one for the new project.

A cheaper version!

I use the shrink tubing which comes in multiple colors so I can color code circuits and a permanent ink Sharpie. The text shrinks down in size with the tubing and it seems to wear very well.

K-Sun

I used a K-Sun and very pleased with it. Also a bit pricey. Seems any of the ones that will do heat shrink tube are more expensive.

I received a flyer from the Hawk Labeling Systems on a new K-Sun called the BEE3. Very reasonably priced starting at $79.95 and going up from there depending on what accessories you get with it.
Their number is 1-800-458-3430. To bad this unit wasn't available when I bought mine as I paid way more!!

The drawback to all of them is the printable heat shrink tubing cartridges are expensive.

Well worth it as it makes such a nice, professional job. Also when you need to get back in there for any reason, it sure makes tracing and identifying wires easier.

Ted

KSUN 2012XLST

Love it. Not cheap, but "Fine tools are their own reward". And of course, like inkjet printers, the real money is in the refills. The label cartridges for the KSun are about the same as the Brother TZ series. Of course, the heatshrink tubing cartridges cost extra. I'd buy mine again in a minute.

I used a Kroy K5100 during the total re-wiring of my RV-8 (not a single wire in the plane that is original). Yes, both the 5100 and the label cassettes are not exactly cheap, but the ease of applying labels, and high quality of the heat shrink label made it worth it to me. YMMV

I bought the K-Sun BEE3 from Image Supply and couldn't be happier. The label printer was cheap, and think I only went through two rolls of heat shrink. I started off using a laser printer and clear heatshrink, but switch to the BEE3 and never looked back.

http://www.imagesupply.com

--
Michael

I used a K-Sun and very pleased with it. Also a bit pricey. Seems any of the ones that will do heat shrink tube are more expensive.

I received a flyer from the Hawk Labeling Systems on a new K-Sun called the BEE3. Very reasonably priced starting at $79.95 and going up from there depending on what accessories you get with it.
Their number is 1-800-458-3430. To bad this unit wasn't available when I bought mine as I paid way more!!

The drawback to all of them is the printable heat shrink tubing cartridges are expensive.

Well worth it as it makes such a nice, professional job. Also when you need to get back in there for any reason, it sure makes tracing and identifying wires easier.

Ted

Rhino pro

Rhino Pro 5000 Love it. if you google it eventually you will find it cheap. I think I paid $150 for mine with a carrying case and 2 free cartridges of heat shrink. Also came with batteries.
Try amazon.

I bought the Rhino Pro 5000 and never could get it to make good heat-shrink labels. Spent a lot of $ on labels too, some of which were too wide to use on this labeler

PM or email me if you're interested in buying it . I'll sell it for a very good price.

Last edited:
I think 3000 almost = 5000

awesome deal! I think it's the same as the 5000 but can't print 3/4" wide labels.

I just bought one, and they sent me a notice that they shipped within 2.5 hours of when I placed the order!

BradyID

We use a Brady IdExpert and a Targus 200 at work. We get high quality, but use bazillions of them. Labels at both ends are required as far as I am concerned. In aircraft, I'd be inclined to put additional labels periodically in longer runs.

For what it's worth....

Michael

Can anyone help me out?

Hi team,
I am interested in purchasing the RhinoPro 3000 on sale at Labelcity as per the link above. From their website it appears they do not ship to New Zealand and my email enquiry regarding this has gone unanswered.

What I'm looking for is someone who would be kind enough to let me have it shipped to them (in the US) and then take it to the post office and send it to me. I will pay all incurred costs upfront via Paypal.

Interestingly, this is the first supplier I have found so far that won't ship to me in New Zealand. Everyone else - in particular the big 'RV friendly' tool suppliers has been most helpful.

Thanks in advance,

How do you guys label the small diameter wires? The smallest Rhino 1/4 heat shrink tubing, with it's 3:1 shrink ratio, won't shrink enough for the 22awg 0.050", 20awg 0.060".

Should I have to remake all my electric system, I will use short pieces of white shrink tube and then write by hand directly on it. Very quick and effective.

Rhino Pro 5000 but had lots of problems with the heat shrink tubing cartridges. Finally gave up and used other methods. The cartridges jammed up and wouldn't print.

I've gone through several roles of the heat shrink without an issue.

bob

Wire labels "cheap"

I just used a word program and typed out the names for each label, about 3 lines for each label. Use a really small font size , 3-4 point works well. Cut the printed sheets apart and roll each label into a small scroll. Buy some clear shrink tube and insert the scroll into the shrink tube, insert the wire and use a heat gun to shrink it on. My plane was finished 5+ years ago but when you do have to trouble shoot something, in time you will :) it makes it so much easier to identify what wire goes where.

dscf1528p.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Gary
N715AB

Do we need to worry about smoke/fire on the heatshrink labels? I know its a small surface area but there seems to be a push to eliminate PVC from aircraft...

Any electric supply center has numbers that you roll around any size wire. Number each end any any place between. Then write down the number and what it is for. Total cost about $5.00...................... I can see why RV's are costing $100,000.00 to build.

And what do you do with this tool after your aircraft is finished?

After the build

Any electric supply center has numbers that you roll around any size wire. Number each end any any place between. Then write down the number and what it is for. Total cost about $5.00...................... I can see why RV's are costing $100,000.00 to build.

And what do you do with this tool after your aircraft is finished?

You sell it to the next builder. I just bought a Rhino 5000 on eek!bay for $48 shipped. Found a pretty good price on shrink tube at Inkoasis.com, which I found on Pricegrabber.com. I noticed during checkout they had a spot for promotion codes/coupons so searched on that and got another 5% off. In six months or so I'll pass it on to the next guy.

Don